The Deeper Waters community celebrates voices
from every generation in every season of life.
In March, April, and May, we will study the Gospel of John.
And we’re accepting submissions for these daily devotions.
A devotion is somewhat different than a regular post or article. Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you prepare a devotion:
- A devotion is very succinct. Each one should be between 200-350 words.
- Select one key verse from the chapter and place it at the beginning of the devotion. (This quote does not count toward the total word count.)
- A devotion shouldn’t summarize the entire passage. Rather, focus on the one key verse that stood out to you the most.
- Since devotions are brief in nature, other quotes should be kept to a minimum, if used at all.
- A devotion can open with a brief personal story and then transition to a practical takeaway or application for the reader.
- The tone should be more “me, too” than “how to.” Use pronouns such as “us” and “we,” rather than “you.”
- Each submission should be original and never before published anywhere else in print or on the internet.
- Please submit only one devotion per quarter.
- Include your devotion in the body of your email. (Attachments will not be opened.)
- Include your full name and the URL of your website address and social media sites you use most.
Send your devotion to:
We’ll be accepting guest post submissions:
March 6-20, 2017, 9:00pm PST.
We look forward to reading your submissions!
You’ll receive a response by March 25th.
You can download our Bible Reading Plan here:
“Wise words are like deep waters.”
~ Proverbs 18:4
immersed in truth . . . transformed by grace